Sunday, October 18, 2009

Our Annual Gothic Dinner Party 2009


Halloween is one of my most favorite holidays. I love the smell of fall in the air, the feel of mystery and especially the flavors of foods in the fall. For me Halloween sets off the tone for the holiday season. October through December is all about family and friends and getting together, so my husband and I start off with our Halloween dinner party.

I start off with turning my house into a haunted mansion. Then I come up with a menu of delicious gourmet food that I can turn into something creepy and somewhat gross sounding. I like to stay with traditional spooky things like eye of newt or frogs and spiders. Then I invite my friends, dress up and throw a party. Our friends look forward to our party every year and they all really get into the Halloween spirit!

Here is this year's menu:

Appetizers
Eyeballs
Ladies' Finger
Stuffed Roaches
Eye of Newt

Cocktails
Shrunken Head Cider
Ghosts at Midnight
Witches Brew

1st Course
Poisoned Gloop with Crispy Beetles

2nd Course
Fried Frogs with Swamp Slime

Main Course
Rotten Flesh with Shrunken Heads and Puree of Gravestone Mold

Dessert
Spoils of Trick or Treaters
Tarantulas
Poisoned Apples

So there is the menu. I'll include the recipes and pictures as I make each item. Happy Halloween all!

No comments:

Post a Comment