Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Comfort Food

We all need a little comfort sometimes. Thankfully no matter how bad the weather is, how many tears I cried or how crummy I feel, there is something that makes me feel better. Personally, my day was pretty dang miserable. So tonight my comfort food is a glass of warm almond milk and a chocolate chip cookie. Not surprisingly, it's just as delicious and comforting when you had a perfectly good day too. :)

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 sticks butter (room temperature)
1 whole egg plus 1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl and set aside. Cream together brown sugar, granulated sugar and butter. Add eggs to sugar butter mixture one at a time, mixing well until each egg is fully incorporated. Add vanilla. Slowly add dry ingredient mixture into the wet and mix until just combined. Add chocolate chips and stir, making sure everything is incorporated. Spoon 1 tablespoon of dough on to a non-stick baking sheet for each cookie. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until just browned. Makes about 3 dozen.

**When I make these cookies, I freeze half of them for later use. Or I just eat them frozen out of the freezer on a bad day. :)

Warm Almond Milk

Ingredients
1 coffee mug of milk
Almond syrup (such as Da Vinci, available in the coffee isle)

Heat milk until warmed to your liking; I usually do about a minute and thirty seconds in the microwave, by husband likes two minutes. You could also warm your milk in a pot, but when I feel crummy the last thing I want to do is dirty more dishes. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons almond syrup to warm and stir. Yummy.

Now all you need to do is tuck yourself into your favorite pj's and blanket and start a good movie or book. Or you could write on your blog like me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment